Thursday, May 28, 2015

Taking Control of My Life by Finally Allowing Myself to Dream

So I have this ridiculously dark and boring day J...O...B. I deal with death all day long. And all too often, I feel like I'm wrong side of things. Have you watched that Disney movie The Incredibles? You know that part where Mr. Incredible is trying to help the old lady by giving her all these tips to actually get her money? Sometimes I feel like that is me. Minus all the muscles. It's not me. And it's not that bad. Still, I really do feel that way. Especially lately.

Now, it's time to do something about it.

It's time for me get serious about my writing. Sure, I've had a few short stories published. You can read one of my older ones here:  The Foundling Review.

Or if you want to spend less than a buck and read something I published myself. You can buy it digitally here: Amazon.

I'd love to hear what you have to say about either story. Seriously, good or bad.

I've always considered my a writer - ever since I was in 3rd grade and wrote my first short story: "How the Smurfs Turned Blue". And then I wrote a few short stories in high school, a book in college, and 3 more books and several short stories since college. But here I sit, 41 years old, and still not really a writer.

I know, I've heard the saying about if you write then you are a writer. But I don't buy it. Or, to be more precise, that may be true but I want to be a successful writer. I mean a writer who is able to afford to only write. Maybe even a wealthy writer. You know, so I can quit that other thing that takes up about 50 hours of my precious life every single week.

So, I am hoping this blog helps me to get there. 

This post is starting to ramble and I'm really now sure what I want to do with the blog. Not exactly anyway. I know it's about writing, and will be about my writing. I think I'll also include some writing tips and maybe have a few posts centered around writing quotes.

Any other ideas? Feel free to share.

For now, I better start thinking about going to bed. I have to work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment